2nd Call for Papers
Sociolinguistics Summer School 7
June 21st-24th, 2016
Université Lumière Lyon 2
The Sociolinguistics Summer School is the perfect opportunity for postgraduate students to network, showcase some of their original work, as well as attend workshops and lectures by leading experts in the field. Each day of the summer school will follow a specific theme or topic of current relevance to sociolinguistic research, this theme will reflect the specialty of the plenary speakers. We welcome students from any institution who wish to present in English on these topics, and meet the corresponding invited speakers:
- Endangered Languages: Bénédicte Pivot, Université Paul Valéry Montpellier 3
- Linguistic Landscapes: Jeffrey Kallen, Trinity College Dublin
- Linguistic Policies: Jim Walker, Université Lumière Lyon 2
- New Speakers: Bernadette O’Rourke, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh
However, we also encourage students to present on other topics related to sociolinguistics. The Summer School will include a poster session, and oral presentations which will be 20 minutes followed by 10 minutes of discussion.
- The language of the conference will be English
- Abstracts should not exceed 500 words (excluding references).
- Font: Times New Roman, size 12.
- Title: should clearly indicate your topic of research.
- Topic: When submitting your abstract, please include up to five keywords at the end of the abstract (For instance: multilingualism, language and gender, social semiotics).
- Images/figures/tables in abstract submissions are not permitted.
- One copy of your abstract should include your name, email address, affiliation (if any), project title, and whether your submission is intended for poster or oral presentation. The second copy should be anonymous and include your project title and whether it is intended for poster or oral presentation.
Contact Information and Abstract Deadlines:
• Please submit your abstract to email@example.com by Friday March 25th.
• If you have any questions regarding abstract guidelines, contact us at this email address.
• The first call for papers is still available as a PDF here : Call for Papers SSS7.pdf. The first call closed on 15 February 2016.
The 2nd call for papers is also available as a PDF : 2nd Call for Papers SSS7